Friday, November 21, 2008

My first sewing in 20 years!

Mom taught me how to sew, when I was about 6... she taught me using her Grandma's old machine. I took sewing in 4-H but HATED it!!! I stopped sewing at about age 12...
When I decided to cloth diaper, it brought mom and I closer. We made wipes together, she made me some soakers and shorties out of her old sweaters that my lil sis had shrunk. We turned onesies into t-shirts.. My mom was a professional seamstress back in the day, but hadn't in years! It was so awesome to see that spark in her eyes! After she passed, I inherited her sewing maching, her serger, and her crafting stuff. I decided it was time to learn how to sew again!
Mom's sewing machine had some major problems and Dh decided to buy me a new one!
My first project I upcycled! I took an old fleece sweatshirt of Ty's, and made pants, shirt and a hat for Caden! I am still working on slippers and mittens.. just limited time here!
I need to take pics and when I do, I will post them!

No comments: